DE USURIS - JOAN CURTO, RON KEATON and CHICAGO CABARET
Following the resounding success of COLE PORTER 125 - A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION last fall at the Auditorium Theatre, Joan Curto announces in our CONVERSATION this week that plans are in place for her next show, ELLA & LENA - THE LADIES AND THEIR MUSIC honoring Ella Fitzgerald and Lena Horne. The concert, again featuring top vocalists and the Rich Daniels City Lights Orchestra, will be held on Saturday, November 17, 2017.
It’s the first anniversary of CONVERSATIONS this week, so we’re revisiting our first live show at the Skokie Theatre with the extraordinary Ron Keaton. And coming up, the horses will be running in ODYSSEO the largest touring show in the world at Soldier Field ... there will be music at the 4th Annual Chicago Cabaret Convention presented by the Mabel Mercer Foundation and at Davenport’s with Beckie Menzie and Tom Michael every weekend in April. If you can’t fly a kite, reserve now for the next best thing: Mary Poppins starring Nicole Armold and Matt Crowle in previews at the Mercury Theatre beginning March 29th.
Cubs Season Opener is just 10 days away!
- Cabaret at Davenport’s – Anna Besserud, KT McCammond and The Nitz & Howe Experience
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at the Auditorium Theatre
- Gershwin Spectacular at Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Chicago Cultural Center & Citywide – Year of Public Art
- Royal George Theatre – Spamilton through May 14th
- Marriott Theatre – Madagascar through April 15th and MAMMA MIA through April 16th
- Chicago Shakespeare- Love Labors Lost through March 26th
- Goodman Theatre – Destiny of Desire through April 16th
- Theatre Wit - The Wiz through April 16th
- Monday Night Live at Petterino's
- Elaine Dame at Winter's Jazz Club - April 6th
- Shattered Globe - For Peter Pan on Her 70th Birthday April 6th - May 20th
- Liz Callaway: Broadway and Beyond - April 7th
- Porchlight - Marry Me a Little previews begin April 14th
- EbertFest - April 19th – 23th
- Ron Keaton's Churchill playing in Florida - May 10th
- City of Chicago’s Memorial Day Parade - May 27th