DE USURIS - PETER, PAUL AND MARRY ... AH, MARY!
This week we feature a CONVERSATION with Paul Becker, the fourth generation in his family to make Becker violins and cellos. During the tour of his shop, we learned about the extraordinary precision required in making Becker instruments. Shattered Globe presents the Chicago premiere of Sarah Ruhl's For Peter Pan on Her 70th Birthday at Theatre Wit, while Porchlight Music Theatre's Marry Me a Little begins previews at Stage 773 and, Nicole Armold and Matt Crowle are stepping in time on Southport to Mary Poppins at the Mercury Theatre.
Our From the Archives show this week is from the Steinway Piano Gallery in Hinsdale which features a conversation and performance by A Boy Named Max. Much more of note including Shakespeare in Love at Chicago Shakespeare, your last chance to see MAMMA MIA at the Marriott, and Dan Bruce Organ Trio featuring Rose Colella and more at Winter's Jazz Club. And, be sure to make your reservation for the 86th Annual Waa-Mu Show at Northwestern now. Spring is in the air!
OPENS THIS WEEKEND
LAST CHANCE THIS WEEKEND
- Cavalia Odysseo
- Theatre Wit - The Wiz through April 22nd
- Shattered Globe - For Peter Pan on Her 70th Birthday through May 20th
- Mercury Theatre - Mary Poppins through May 28th
- Tom Michael and Beckie Menzie - Davenport's Piano Bar and Cabaret
- Winter's Jazz Club - Dan Bruce Organ Trio featuring Rose Colella April 15th
- Paramount Theatre - Jesus Christ Superstar April 19th
- Speakeasy Swing - Steve Biossat at The Drake Hotel April 21st
- Elaine Dame sings Ella Fitzgerald - Winter's Jazz Club April 25th
- Northwestern University's 86th Annual Waa-Mu Show April 28th
- Chicago Humanities Festival - April 28th - 30th
- Porchlight Theatre - 2017 Icons Gala Celebrating Hal Prince April 30th RESERVE NOW!
- Bill Dyszel - The Internet Ate My Brain at Davenport's Piano Bar on May 14th
- Joan Curto - Ella and Lena: The Ladies and Their Music at the Auditorium Theatre November 17th