Take a moment in the next few days to acknowledge our Gold Star Family members. Plan to attend local memorial services in your community or join us for the Memorial Wreath Laying Ceremony and Parade in Chicago on Saturday, May 27th. How ever you spend the weekend with your family, remember the significance of the holiday and pass along our special Message for Memorial Day.
Our conversation this week features our live program in May 2016 at SKOKIE THEATRE with JAMES FRAZIER, a Gold Star Family member and Illinois Survivor Outreach Services Coordinator. We are also making available, for the first time, two Conversations From the Archive (FTA) - BONNIE KOLOC, recorded live at the Hubbard Inn, a fascinating in-depth look at her musical career and a live performance of Amelia Earhart; and, CAVALIA ODYSSEO, the world's largest touring production which has now been extended through June 3rd in Chicago. These programs, and over two dozen others, are now available on iTunes, Stitcher, Libsyn and at our De Usuris Blog.
Lots of great theatre and music in town. It is your last chance to see Mary Poppins at the MERCURY THEATER. Elaine Dame and Girls Like Us are at WINTER'S JAZZ CLUB, Joan Curto's "Happy Talk" runs June 9-11 at DAVENPORT'S, and check out the event schedule at SKOKIE THEATRE. Looking ahead, this week, Bright Half Life opens at THEATER WIT, Native Gardens opens June 9th at VICTORY GARDENS, be sure to reserve your tickets now for the return of Moby Dick at LOOKINGGLASS, Black Pearl at BLACK ENSEMBLE THEATER and Stacey Keach in Pamplona is playing at the GOODMAN. Petterino's Monday Night Live is off in observance of Memorial Day, so make a reservation now for June 5th. You can also join Ed Tracy for the post-show conversation on June 11th of Chicago Dramatists - Johnny 10 Beers' Daughter. Show time is 3:00 p.m.
2017 SUMMER SUBSCRIPTION CAMPAIGN
Each month, from June 1, 2017 through September 1, 2017, we will award a $25 American Express Gift Card to one lucky subscriber. The rules are simple and you only have to enter once! CLICK HERE for your chance to win!
- Theater Wit - Bright Half Life opens May 26th
- Mercury Theater - Mary Poppins closes May 28th
- Cavalia Odysseo - Through June 3rd
- Goodman Theatre - Pamplona through June 25th
- Chicago Dramatists - Johnny 10 Beers' Daughter through June 11th
- Court Theatre - Harvey through June 11th
- Northlight Theatre– Relativity through June 18th
- Drury Lane - Chicago through June 18th
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater - Shakespeare in Love through June 18th
- Timeline Theatre - Paradise Blue through July 23rd
- Chicago Memorial Day Parade - May 27th
- Elaine Dame at Winter's Jazz Club - June 1st
- Skokie Theatre - Once Upon A Time – Judy Rossignuolo-Rice and Bernard Rice June 3rd
- Skokie Theatre - Blacklisted June 4th
- Girls Like Us at Winter's Jazz Club - June 6th
- Lookingglass Theatre – Moby Dick June 7th
- Victory Gardens Theater - Native Gardens opens June 9th
- Davenport's Piano Bar - Joan Curto 'Happy Talk' June 9-11 - Listen to our conversation with Joan HERE
- Millenium Park Summer Music Series - Start June 12th
- Millenium Park Summer Film Series - Start June 13th
- Taste of Chicago - July 5-9th Grant Park
Skokie Theatre - Tony Awards Night Gala Benefit
Sunday, June 11 6:30 p.m.
Honoring Barbara LaSpesa – 2017 Community Service Award
This year's annual benefit for Skokie Theatricals will be held on Sunday evening, June 11 to coincide with the Tony Awards. Watch the awards along with red carpet photos, champagne and hors d'oeuvre, raffles, silent auctions, and special live entertainment. $75